Tuesday, 8 January 2013

The Tim Walker "Story Teller" Exhibition

Helloo beauties! 
I recently visited London with my mum and sister to see fashion photographer Tim Walker's  'Story Teller' exhibition. For as long as I've loved editorial fashion photography, Tim Walker has been one of my absolute favourites. He has shot with models such as Lindsay Wixon and Karli Kloss, famous faces such as Scarlett Johanson, Tim Walker and Alexander McQueen and for fashion publications such as Vogue and Harper's Bazaar.

The exhibition is on in Somerset House near The Strand and supported by Mulberry. It's on til the Sunday 27th January, admission is free and it's open 10am-6pm every day. 


The exhibition is mostly photographs, but also features larger-than-life props and sculptures from some of his most famous works, like the skeleton from 'Malgosia Bella & Skeleton' (2009) and the doll from 'Like a Doll' (2012).











Although admission to the exhibition is free, the Tim Walker section in the gift shop will certainly rob you of your pennies. As well as posters, postcards and his book 'Pictures' (R.R.P. £70), Thames and Hudson have also published a book specifically for sale at this exhibition. I decided as it was an exclusive to treat myself to this beautiful piece of printed fashion wonderfulness, but I can assure you that it didn't come cheap at £45! I like to think of it as an investment and that I'd like to think I'll have the book forever.




If you're in London between now and the 27th Jan. and looking for something fun and free to do, I'd definitely recommend going to see the 'Story Teller' exhibition - I had the best time and although I've seen a fair few other blog posts about it, nothing can really compare to see it for yourself.





1 comment:

  1. Looks an amazing expose!
    Would love you to check out my latest post :)
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete