Monday, 14 September 2015

H&M Beauty Haul

H&M is undoubtedly one of my favourite shops. Affordable, stylish, great selection of basics and statement pieces and fabulous accessories to compliment any look so a few months ago when I heard that they were releasing the makeup line, I was instantly excited. Technically they already did some makeup, but it was a small, low key offering which was never really what I went in for.

Last Thursday, the H&M just along the road from my work launched their new beauty department and I have to say, the collection is far more amazing than I ever dreamed. Not only is the product selection fantastic (basics like lipstick, nail polish and eyeshadow to more unusual finds like lip scrubs, a colourless lip liner to suit any shade and individual pods of face masks for travelling) but the huge variety of shades is astounding too. Here's what I picked up...


Firstly, I bought 4 of their high impact eye colour eyeshadows - left to right, we have...
Way Past Midnight- A browny purple
Anthracite - A super glitter dark gunmetal grey
Mojave - A pale warm toned taupe
Sun Worship - A bronzy gold with a slight hint of khaki



All of the colours I picked are shimmers and I tried to go for quite Autumnal shades that I can get a lot of wear out of. I adore the cream and gold packaging but the product inside is what sealed the deal for me. The colours are beautiful and blend together really well and how highly pigmented they are is amazing, especially for drugstore products. The range of eyeshadows is so huge that there's so many more I want ('Cinnamon Roll' and 'Fig Figment' are next on my list) mostly more neutrals but a few amazing glitzy blues and purples too!

I also bought 2 lip products, their lip definer pencil in 'Bramble Ripple' and their Cream Lip Colour in 'Brunetter Ambition'. I've been after a berry lip liner for a while, one that I can wear with reds, purples and berries and this colour is a gorgous in between which could work with a lot of shades. The formula is cream which I really like in a lipliner so it doesn't pull or drag and once on, it doesn't budge at all. 
The lipstick is a stunning nudey-brown. Although I love nude lipsticks, I've never gone quite this brown before but I'm so glad I did, I'm obsessed with it! Like the name of the product suggestions, the formula is so creamy and applied like a dream, but it still very opaque in colour. 
As you can see, both extremely pigmented! Over all, I'm so pleasantly surprised by H&M's amazing new beauty range. Beautifully pigmented products, huge variety of shades and pretty gold and white packaging. There's so many more pieces I want to try but for now, I can't wait to play around with my new bits and create some Autumnal looks!

8 comments:

  1. Those eyeshadows are gorgeous! Need 😍 xo

    Sian
    sian-kathrine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love H &M too I had no idea they were launching make up! It looks amazing especially those eye shadows! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eyeshadows are so good! Would never have thought of them to be so pigmented. Love the gold one in the bottom right. That purple liner looks perfect to match with Mac Rebel! xx

    Tamz | www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to give their range a go! That worship shadow is absolutely gorgeous xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shades look perfect for Autumn!
    Hope to see you do a look with them soon.

    Jenna
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work in H&M and I'm obsessed with the range. Luckily we don't have the beauty stuff in our store as it's not big enough otherwise I'd probably be broke by now 😂 Great review, need to get my hands on some of the items, you got me all excited about it again :D

    Tess
    www.thelyricstolife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try the HM Beauty collection so bad! It looks stunning and the quality seems really good! :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, those eye shadows are beautiful. I'm very neutral kind of girl but the purple blow my socks off. It looks so neutral not to bright
    I think next time when I will go to the H&M I will pick up the same shades as you did, thanks for great swatches

    http://bearwoods25.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete